At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings.
PACBB welcomes contributions reporting substantial, original and previously unpublished work in all areas of Bioinformatics, Chemoinformatics and Systems Biology. The papers can be presented from a formal, methodological, technical or applied point of view.
Biological areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Next generation sequencing
- Comparison and alignment methods
- Motif, gene and signal recognition
- Molecular evolution
- DNA twisting and folding
- High-throughput data analysis (transcriptomics, proteomics, etc)
- Phylogenetics and phylogenomics
- Determination or prediction of the structure of RNA and proteins
- Gene expression data analysis
- Identification of metabolic pathways
- Functional genomics
- Biomarker identification
- Molecular docking and drug design
- Computational problems in genetics such as linkage and QTL analysis, linkage disequilibrium analysis in populations, haplotype determination, SNPs
- Molecular and cellular interactions
- Emergence of properties in complex biological systems
- Visualization of biological systems and networks
- Data and software integration
- Biomedical ontologies
- In silico optimization of biological systems
- Metabolic engineering applications
- Cell simulation and modeling
- Metabolic, regulatory and signaling models/ networks: properties, dynamics, inference/ reconstruction
- Metabolomics/ metabolic fingerprints
- Health-care applications
- Bio imaging
Computacional areas of interest include, but ar not limited to:
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining techniques
- Text Mining and Language Processing
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Rough, Fuzzy and Hybrid Techniques
- Hidden Markov Models
- Bayesian Approaches
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Support Vector Machines
- Evolutionary Computing
- Case-Based Reasoning systems
- Non-linear dynamical analysis methods and Intelligent signal processing
- Feature selection
All papers must be formatted according to the AISC template, with a maximum length of 8 pages, including figures and references:
All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the PACBB conference management system.
PAAMS welcomes the submission of application papers with preference to the topics listed in the call for papers. All submitted papers will undergo a thorough review process; each paper will be refereed by at least three experts in the field based on relevance, originality, significance, quality and clarity.
The papers must consist of original, relevant and previously unpublished sound research results related to any of the topics of the conference
Accepted papers will be included in PACBB Proceedings. At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings.
Accepted papers will be published by Springer Verlag in the Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing series.
Authors of selected papers from PACBB 2019 will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to special issue in diffetent journals.
The proceedings of PACBB 2018 conference are available:
Practical Applications of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
12th International Conference (PACBB 2018)
Editors: Florentino Fdez-Riverola, Mohd Saberi Mohamad, Miguel Rocha, Juan F. De Paz, Pascual GonzálezMore information